Frequently Asked Questions
Why should I use superparamagnetic particles?
What is superparamagnetic?
What Adembeads are?
What’s the difference between the 200, 300 and 500nm? Is it a difference for the applications?
Whats the difference between the Carboxyl-Adembeads and Amino-Adembeads ?
Can I use my own buffers to graft onto the Standard-Adembeads ?
Once coated how should I store Standard-Adembeads?
Can streptavidin leak from the beads?
How do I biotinylate my oligonucleotides?
Can Bio-Adembeads Streptavidin be used directly in a PCR reaction?
How can I isolate cells using secondary coated Bio-Adembeads Antibodies?
Are the antibodies covalently coated onto Bio-Adembeads Antibodies?
Can the mRNA isolation protocols be scaled up or down?
Is it necessary to elute the mRNA from Adembeads-Oligo (dT)25 complex prior to PCR?
|What is superparamagnetic?||2|
Superparamagnetic means that the Adembeads exhibit magnetic properties when placed within a magnetic field, but have no residual magnetism when removed from the magnetic field.
|What Adembeads are?||3|
Adembeads are uniform nanoparticles presenting a magnetic iron (>70%) and a polymer shell.
|What’s the difference between the 200, 300 and 500nm? Is it a difference for the applications?||4|
- The main difference between the three sizes relies on the magnetization time required to attract all the nanoparticles on the magnet.
- 200nm: 60s to magnetize 99% of the beads
- 300nm: 30s to magnetize 99% of the beads
- 500nm: <10 to magnetize 99% of the beads
- Both sizes are very well adapted to perform protein purification or immunoassays. But you should prefer using the larger size nanoparticles to purify protein presenting high molecular weight or cells. However if you expect to realize positive cell purification and subsequent analysis in flow cytometry, use the 300nm.
|How do I biotinylate my oligonucleotides?||9|
|There are different ways to perform the biotinylation:|
- covalent linkage using aminomodified oligonucleotides and Carboxyl-Adembeads.
- biotinylated oligonucleotides are also commercially available from a number of companies.
We recommend to use oligonucleotides with specific biotinylation in the 5’-end to maintain the 3’-end free for elongation.